Developer Treyarch has rolled out another update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S / Series X. Along with adding an ’80s-inspired Nuketown map, the patch address various bugs and gameplay stability issues.
The headlining feature is the addition of Nuketown ’84, an updated version of the classic Nuketown map flavored with a dash of the ’80s. Nuketown ’84 has been included in the Quick Play Core and Hardcore rotation list, as well as Custom Games, the 24/7 feature playlist, and Onslaught on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. Treyarch has also enabled the Double XP event until November 30 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET.
The update also addresses stability issues across multiplayer and Zombies, fixes hit detection issues in Zombies, irons out problems with knife camos in multiplayer, and more.
This patch comes a day after Treyarch pushed out a separate update that made some gameplay changes. This includes reducing spawns in Hardpoint and ironing out issues with Field Upgrade charges in Zombies being freely handed out, as well as stabilizing the game. Check out the full patch notes below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Patch Notes (November 24)
- 2XP + 2WXP:
- Double XP and Double Weapon XP enabled in Multiplayer and Zombies through 10 AM PT Monday, November 30.
- Nuketown ’84
- Added Nuketown ’84 to 6v6 map rotation in Quick Play Core and Hardcore playlists.
- Added Nuketown 24/7 featured playlist.
- Added Nuketown ’84 to Custom Games map list.
- Crossroads Strike:
- Addressed an issue in Crossroads Strike that allowed players to contest a Hardpoint and Control zone outside of the intended objective boundary.
- Nuketown ’84
- Addressed an issue where incorrect images would show for Diamond & Gold weapon camo rewards in the After-Action Report.
- Addressed an issue where Knife camos would not progress if in the primary weapon slot.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur in Domination.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent zombies from attacking the player after teleporting from the Dark Aether.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to leave the gameplay space when teleporting back from the Dark Aether.
- Addressed an issue that could cause a main quest item from timing out, causing a progression break.
- Addressed an issue that could cause the player to sometimes lose functionality at the pause menu if the Gunsmith remained open after the intro cutscene.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes caused an incorrect Pack-a-Punch camo to appear on weapons obtained from Trials.
- Addressed an issue that sometimes caused incorrect Revive UI to appear at the end of a match.
- Added various stability fixes.
- Added Nuketown ’84 to the Onslaught map list.
- Added a new Onslaught Challenge with a unique Weapon Blueprint reward.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.